From Chhay Lin Lim: ‘Average IQ per College Major:’
There’s a normal distribution, but the mean of this data set seems off…interesting nonetheless:
‘So what are the results that the ETS came up with? The majors that have the five highest average IQ scores are (ranked from high to low):
- Physics & Astronomy (133)
- Mathematical Sciences (130)
- Philosophy (129)
Materials Engineering (129)
- Economics (128)
Chemical Engineering (128)
Other Engineering (128)
- Mechanical Engineering (126)
The majors with the five lowest average IQ scores are (again ranked from high to low):
- Administration (107)
- Home Economics (106) Special (106)
- Student Counseling (105)
- Early Childhood (104)
- Social Work (103)’
Via Marginal Revolution: ‘Leo Strauss’ Greatness According To Dan Klein:’
- A sense of virtue/justice/right that is large and challenging.
- An appreciation of wisdom as something different than progressive research programs/specialized academic fields and disciplines.
- An understanding of the sociology of judgment, in particular the role of great humans.
- An epic narrative, from Thucydides to today.
- Rediscovery, analysis, elaboration, and instruction of esotericism.
- Close readings and interpretations of great works.
- Inspiring, cultivating serious students and followers.